Just finishing the last 3 test pieces so I can make a definitive paper choice.

With each of them I feel that my confidence in mark making grows.

wpid-dsc_0025.jpg

The little philips projector is doing a fine job, the spread of the projection itself is quite wide, so I am using a central portion and using my previous drawing to line up the body of the Bustard for registration.

wpid-dsc_0404.jpgwpid-dsc_0005.jpgwpid-dsc_0402.jpg

The little grater works well as I am able to be flexible with colours and only grate as much as is needed, but I need to make sure I pick up any feathers as I am going through them quite quickly.

wpid-dsc_0003.jpg

I have discovered, however, that I can use a wider feather to create the very slim ‘fingertip’ feathers of the Bustard by using just the side round to the top and then moving the feather slightly to make a thinner profile.. This is a bit problematic as obviously when I move the feather over, the conte dust sticks to the underside and moves over too, sometimes making marks where they shouldn’t be, so I am keeping a keen look out for thinner feathers!

wpid-dsc_0398.jpgNumber 4 in the keyframes.

wpid-dsc_0400.jpg

wpid-dsc_0399.jpg

Number 5

wpid-dsc_0012.jpg

wpid-dsc_0013.jpg

wpid-dsc_0018.jpg

wpid-dsc_0019.jpg

Number 6

wpid-dsc_0006.jpg

wpid-dsc_0007.jpg

wpid-dsc_0008.jpg

So all the keyframes are done and the technique is coming on well, the use of colour has developed and is achieving a better look than in the earlier tests. I can’t wait to see it moving…

 

 

Advertisements